Kaitlyn Barker Bellemare —Download to Print
Phone: (207) 205-1322 / email@example.com
Summary of Qualifications
Experienced as the person, ultimately responsible for the food/beverage services and interior of a chartered catamaran—providing hospitality services to meet the yacht owner’s and guests’ expectations—effectively utilizing my capable meal preparation, nurturing, organization and creativity competencies.
To secure a full time position as the Chef/1st Mate aboard a charter catamaran in the Virgin Islands—taking full advantage of my social nature, practiced skills and interest in hospitality services and yachting.
- Meal preparation and clean up—ensuring guests’ dietary preferences and requirements are met with creative flair—including imaginative planning and quality service, of theme dinners/guest parties
- Bar-tending—taking care of beverage service and entertaining while maintaining proper etiquette and a high-energy, can-do attitude
- Interior Detailing and cleaning—assuring protection, maintenance and overall care for interior items and surfaces
- Provisioning—providing proper planning of budget, to maintain inventory supplies and efficiently cover guest usage
- Line Handling, dockage, anchoring and overall assisting on deck—adept proficiency with exterior lines, fenders, deck wash down/chamois and in general assisting the captain
- Driving Tender—experienced at transporting guests, as requested to places of interest and key destinations
Graduated from the University of Mary Washington with a Bachelor of Arts in English (May,2007)
Recently A Captain/Chef team on Split Second (a Lagoon 620) chartering in the Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, and New England. Previously a Captain/ Chef team on Pride (Lagoon 570) in the USVI and BVI. Responsible for complete provisioning, overall yacht tidiness, general maintenance and upkeep. Experienced in providing three meals a day and cocktail happy hours; leading shore, snorkeling and sailing excursions. Comfortable conducting customer briefings and ongoing customer relations, for both private and corporate charters, as well as leading guided tours, managing and business operations.
September 2016-Present: Recently the Chef/1st Mate aboard a 62 foot sailing catamaran, Split Second. Previously the chef/ 1st Mate aboard a 57-foot lagoon catamaran, Pride (November 2015- May 2016). Responsibilities on both included:
- serving all meals to guests while aboard
- interior detailing and cleaning while guests are on board as well as in between charters
- provisioning between charters
- assisting on deck whenever needed: anchoring, mooring, docking, line handling
May 2013- Present: Deckhand aboard freelance charters and deliveries. Responsibilities include: all chef and steward duties aboard the boat.
- assisting the captain on deck whenever needed
- driving the tender
- keeping the interior and exterior of the yacht immaculately cleaned
October 2007- May 2013: Full-time Nanny. Responsibility for the care and well-being of each child, including:
- Assisted each child in all areas of educational development.
- Responsible for all/any household errands that needed to be fulfilled.
- Maintained a clean and healthy environment within the child’s household.
- Prepared all meals for the children during the day and for the entire family in the evenings.
- Responsible for bar-tending at family parties and private events.
May 2013- Present- Sales Representative for Atlantic Sportswear- Portland, Maine.
- Sales representative for all of southern Maine.
- Responsible for presenting new apparel product lines to high school and college athletic teams on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for submitting team apparel orders every day.
- Responsible for the customer service of each and every one of my accounts.
- STCW (Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers) - 2016
- ENG 1 (Seafarer Medical Certificate) 2016
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST