JONATHAN C. BELLEMARE —Download to Print
Phone: (603) 759-8063 / Kennebunk, Maine USA / email@example.com
Summary of Qualifications
- Professional Yachtsmen
- Experienced Charter Captain
- USCG Masters License (100T); RYA Yachtmaster Offshore (200T)
- PADI Certified Diver
- Seasoned Yacht Club General Manager
- Certified Firefighter and Emergency Medical Services Volunteer
Below you will find my CV, documenting current nautical and employment experience for your background.
Licensed Boat Captain with high energy, amiable personality, leadership qualities, staff management, sales and merchandising experience. As a motivated nautical business professional, I’m interested in continuing to expand my experiences and explore additional industry growth opportunities—on yachts, either on deck, in the engine room, or in the yard.
Charter and Professional Yachtsmen Experience
Experienced Charter Captain, since 2010 --As the captain teaming with Chef/Stew/Mate (Kaitlyn Barker Bellemare), we were responsible for complete provisioning, overall yacht tidiness and quality guest relations. Experience ranged from providing three meals a day and cocktail happy hours to leading shore, snorkeling/diving and sailing excursions. Comfortable conducting customer briefings and ongoing customer relations, for both private and corporate charters, as well as leading guided tours and managing related retail operations.
Previously, worked as captain for Yachting Solutions in Maine; Flagship Adventures Boston Harbor Tour and, in St. Maarten with the "America's Cup" 12 Metre Challenge charter operation, as first mate on US-56 (Stars and Stripes). Experienced working for New Hampshire Sea Tow and Managed a Marina/Yacht Club in Maine. Currently, full-time captain of a 60’ 1975 Grand Banks out of Camden, ME
Practical Boating Qualifications
Fully documented and certified US Coast Guard (USCG) Captain, RYA Yachtmaster Offshore w/ commercial and sailing endorsements (200T) and USCG 100T Near Coastal Masters License —with sailing and towing endorsements,STCWand US Sailing Safety at Sea Certifications. I grew up sailing the coast of Maine and New Hampshire with my family. Experience includes:
- General knowledge operating and maintaining boats from small tenders to large charter yachts
- Fueling and basic maintenance, oil changes and winterizing
- Rigging, handling lines during docking maneuvers, using moorings and anchoring
- GPS navigation, chart plotter and overnight sailing
- Additional instruments, such as—autopilot, marine radar, VHF radio, and multi-function instruments
- Varnishing woodwork, and also experienced detailing yachts inside and out
Yacht Club Management and Entrepreneur Experience
- A Captain’s Touch (ACT) – Yacht services – on going, since 2010; Freelance Captain services, Crew, Port Captain, Diving services, Interior/ Exterior detailing, Management, Instruction, Varnish/Paint work, Mechanical Repair, Rigging
- Arundel Yacht Club Manager – 2012- May 2015; Operations manager – Waterfront, Administrative and Customer service
Professional Nautical License and Certifications
Completed RYA (Royal Yachting Association) Yachtmaster Offshore w/ commercial and sailing endorsements (200T) in 2017 and US Coast Guard Masters captain’s course at New England Maritime in 2008; received a USCG Captain, 100 Ton Near Coastal Masters License —with sailing and towing endorsements. Also STCW and US Sailing Safety at Sea Certifications and PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) Open Water Diver Certified.
- COO, Master Captain—For Hire; www.jonbellemare.com & ACT Yacht Services; ongoing freelance. Working on yachts up to 150', currently full-time captain on 60' motor yacht out of Camden, ME. ; June 2012-current. Currently, full-time captain on 60' motor yacht out of Camden, ME
- S/Y Split Second Caribbean/Bahamas/Bermuda/New England Lagoon 620 (sailing catamaran)– Full Time Captain/Chef Team; Private/Term Charter Yacht. Sep 2016-current (6,000+ NM)
- S/Y Pride – USVI BVI based Lagoon 570, 2015—Full Time Captain/Chef Team, Term Charter Boat in USVI and BVI.; Nov 15, 2015- May 2016
- Yachting Solutions Captain; Rockport, ME; www.yachtingsolutions.com; 2015
– Responsible for running four boats, ranging from two smaller 30’ Hunt Harrier power day boats, to a larger 44’ Hunt power yacht, to a 70’ cold molded sailboat named Isobel
- Arundel Yacht Club General Manager; Kennebunkport, ME; www.arundelyachtclub.org; 2012-2014
– Carried out general management duties, in such a manner, as to provide the best possible service to Club members, guests and transient boaters while maintaining Club by-laws, rules, regulations and policies
- Biddeford Fire Department Call Force Firefighter and Kennebunkport Emergency Medical Services (KEMS) volunteer; Biddeford, ME; 2013-current
– Work in conjunction with the Career firefighters; responding to incidents and helping ensure the safety and well being of the citizens, and visitors of surrounding communities
- Flagship Adventures; Salem and Boston, Massachusetts, Charter Captain; 2008–2010
– Charter captain, tour guide, as well as oversee company’s Boston harbor retail site; www.flagshipadventures.com
- St. Maarten "America's Cup" 12 Metre Challenge; Philipsburg, Sint Maarten, N.A.; charter operation, as First Mate on US-56 (Stars and Stripes); 2008- 2009; www.12metre.com
– First mate, in charge of mechanical and cosmetic maintenance and upkeep
- New Hampshire Sea Tow; Meredith, New Hampshire; 2008–2008; www.seatow.com
– On call Captain, responsible for tow boat operations
- The Ski Market, LTD; Nashua, New Hampshire; 2007–2008; as well as: 2004 –2006; www.skimarket.com
– Assistant Sales Manager, skilled in customer relations, selling and negotiating techniques
- Town Fair Tire; Nashua, New Hampshire; 2006–2007; www.townfair.com
– Assistant Sales Manager, staff management, experienced
Detailed Yacht Experience
- Split Second- Captain | September 2016 - November 2017; 62' Sailing Catamaran 50% private and charters. Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, New England. 25 weeks plus with guests onboard. Major refit 2017.
- Sunstone- Captain | October 2015 - October 2016; 60' Grand Banks Delivery south to Norfolk and return trip to Maine, Freelance Captain for summer season of 2016
- Pride- Captain | November 2016 - April 2016; Lagoon 570 Charter Yacht USVI and BVI based. Term Charter Yacht 16 charters in 19 Weeks w/ two 5 day Maintenance periods.
- Fracine- Mate | October 2015 - November 2015; 47' Motor Yacht. Delivery and Boat show prep.
- Yachting Solutions- Captain | May 2015 - September 2015; Responsible for running four boats captain/engineer ranging from two smaller 30’ Hunt Harrier power day boats, to a larger 44’ Hunt power yacht, to a 70’ cold molded sail yacht named Isobel.
- Freelance- Captain | May 2009 - June 2015; Freelance Captain, 60'Catamarans term Charters BVI. 4 Weeks per year.
- Seas the Moment- Mate/ CO Captain | October 2014 - November 2014; 82' Choey Lee Motor Yacht Delivery South to Ft Lauderdale
- Grand Cru-Mate | October 2014 - October 2014; 84' Jongert Motor Yacht
- Arundel Yacht Club- Club Manager | April 2012 - April 2014; Carried out general management duties, in such a manner, as to provide the best possible service to Club members, guests and transient boaters while maintaining Club by-laws, rules, regulations and policies
Training, Education and Honors
- Completed RYA (Royal Yachting Association) Yachtmaster Offshore w/ commercial and sailing endorsements (200T)—2017
- STCW-95: Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers—renewed 2015
- Graduate of the Maine Firefighter Academy—2013
- PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) Open Water Diver Certified—2012
- US Sailing Safety at Sea Certification—April 2009
- USCG Masters captain’s curriculum at New England Maritime; 100 Ton Near Coastal Masters License, also with sailing and towing endorsements—May 2008
- Basic Fire Fighting & Elementary First Aid and CPR Certification—May 2008
- USCG Assistance Towing Certificate—May 2008
- Desperate Measures, Basic Selling Skills Sales Training; by Integrated Training Solutions—November 2004
- Hollis/Brookline High School; graduated June 2004—ski team captain and NH State meet finalist 3 straight years
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST